August 21, 2010

Tacoma Murals





The city of Tacoma's Community Based Mural Program has selected me and a bunch of other artists to work together with the community to help clean up vandalism and vulgar graffiti with murals. I helped paint this mural at the Portland Ave Community Center in Tacoma, WA. I specifically worked on the turtle's with wings, despite my opposition to the obvious Nintendo Super Mario Brothers' Flying Turtles reference. (I just think that killer turtles that hunt Mario and his brother Luigi might undercut the positive message of hope and unity. Although, I guess it shows that even flying killer turtles can set aside their differences and let a girl with antlers ride them in a peaceful utopia). At any rate, it's been a fun experience working along side a bunch of talented artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment